85g butter, melted
2/3 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup dessicated coconut
400g (1 can) condensed milk
2 gloriously big tablespoons of golden syrup
1 tablespoon of butter
125g best quality dark chocolate (you can use milk chocolate, but I find it way too sweet)
- Line a 20 centimetre (8 inch) square tin with non-stick baking paper, being sure to leave excess paper overhanging to be able to lift the finished slice when baked. Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium bowl, combine all base ingredients and press into prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine the caramel layer ingredients and cook over medium heat for around 10 minutes or until a light golden brown colour. Don’t forget to constantly stir with a whisk or spatula as you cook, or else it will get lumpy.
- Pour the caramel filling over cooked base and return to oven. Bake until the caramel layer is just set – this should take 10 – 15 minutes or so. When done, remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave and spread evenly over cooled slice. Once chocolate is set, cut into squares using a hot knife
Tadaaaaa...Selamat mencuba ^_^